Javamelts Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Who loves the amazing combination of chocolate and mint? These Peppermint Mocha Cookies are so beautiful and delicious.... the best part is that you can make them gluten-free or not!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 Javamelts Mocha sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup GF 1:1 flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup regular chocolate chips
- 8 oz white chocolate or white chocolate chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted together
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract, and then beat on high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add into the wet ingredients. Beat on low until combined and then beat in the chocolate chips. Cover dough tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Remove dough from the fridge and let sit for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F
Scoop of 1.5 tbsp dough and roll into a ball. Place cookie dough balls 2 in apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-11 minutes.
Cool cookies on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave for 15-20 sec intervals and mix until melted.
Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate and place on wire rack.
Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Recipe and photo credit: Dani @diredelites