Calling all chocolate and oreo lovers.... this recipe is a huge hit among our friends and family so please treat yourself and others to deliciousness!
What you will need:
2 cups GF 1:1 flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
1 tbsp espresso powder
1 cup @javamelts mocha sugar
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsps baking powder
1-1/2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs room temp
1 cup almond milk room temp
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsps vanilla extract
GF oreos crushed (about 8-10 for the bottom and 6-7 for the top.
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk the boiling water, espresso and cocoa together until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Then add the sugars, GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and whisk.
4. In mixer, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, oil, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture then slowly add in dry ingredients while mixing on low. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute. Turn off, mix with spatula to clean sides and mix again for 1 minute.
5. Coat bundt pan with oil and pastry brush. Place first set of crushed oreos on bottom of the pan. Pour in the cake batter and bake on 350 for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over, let the pan remain for 15 minutes then lift the pan off and let the cake cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar (you can make your own flavored powdered sugar with Javamelts - 1 cup Javamelts and 1 Tbs. cornstarch - mix in blender until powder forms)
3 tbsp almond milk
Mix well and drizzle over cake. Add remaining crushed Oreos immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Nicole @glutenfreeandgolden