If you love marshmallows, caramel and chocolate, then you will be SURE TO LOVE this recipe that was created for us by an amazing pastry chef and it's just in time for Valentine's Day!!! Please let us know if you try them and how they come out!
3 packs (.25oz) packs gelatin, unflavored
3/4 cup cold water, divided
1 cup Javamelts Caramel Flavored Sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz dark chocolate, melted (for dipping)
- Line an 8x8 pan with plastic wrap, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, pour the gelatin into the bottom of the mixing bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the water over the gelatin. Do not stir. Let it bloom while you prepare the sugar mixture
- Place the sugars, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a bowl, boil without stirring until the syrup reaches 240F
- Turn the mixer on low, slowly pour the syrup into the gelatin mixture, raise the speed to high, add the vanilla, and whip until the mixture is stiff and glossy, and cooled down. About 12-14 minutes.
- Pour into the pan, place another piece of greased plastic wrap on top making sure it’s spread out evenly. Let set up for 5-6 hours
- Spray a heart cutter with cooking spray, cut them out and dip into melted chocolate.
**If you want to buy store bought marshmallows, cut them into heart shapes, moisten them a bit, roll them in Caramel Flavored Sugar, let dry and dip them in Chocolate... you can give that a try too!
Photo and recipe created by: Amanda Seamens @sitr.taste.smile