Free shipping on orders of $39 or more!
Spiced and/or Spiked Apple Cider with Javamelts Flavored Sugar
16 cups (1 gallon) apple cider
1 thinly slice apple for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the apple cider. Stir in the Javamelts Flavored Sugar, allspice and nutmeg until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a low boil.
- Stick the pointy ends of the cloves into the orange so that just the buds of the cloves are visible. The entire orange should be covered with the cloves.
- Add the orange to the cider and reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Serve in warm mugs with a cinnamon stick garnish. For adults, add bourbon to the cider.
- For a sugar rim - dip glass into honey or simple syrup - dip into a plate of Javamelts Flavored Sugar. (The simple syrup can be made easily with equal parts of water and Javamelts - we use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of Javamelts - place in a saucepan, bring to a light boil, stir until Javamelts dissolves, turn off and let cool.)