Javamelts fans have FALL-EN in love with this amazing recipe and when you try it, you will know why!
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
With Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven 350°
9x9 pan (if using a 8x8 pan increase cook time slightly)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 33-35 minutes
1 ¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs room temp
1 ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup olive oil
2 Tbs ½ & ½ (or milk)
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Ingredients for Frosting
3 cups Javamelts French Vanilla sugar
½ Tbs arrowroot
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
- Place oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and eggs in to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until combined.
- Add a 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until incorporated. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease the pan and sprinkle rice flour in the pan. Gently tap it around until it covers the surface and then discard excess flour.
- Place in preheated oven for 33-35 minutes.
- While it is cooking making your frosting
1.Place ½ of the java melts sugar into a food processor or Vitamix (I love to use the vita mix here for making powdered sugar!) and ½ of the amount of arrowroot.
- Blend until all the sugar is powder.
*You can rub it between two fingers to feel it’s consistency and ensure it is powder.
- Repeat with the other half of sugar and arrowroot.
4.In a medium size mixing bowl add the powdered sugar, butter, and cream cheese and beat until smooth and silky.
5.When completely cooled, cut the cake in half and frost!
Recipe and photo credit: Jen Fiore - @glutenfreesince03