Being from New York and living on Long Island there are a ton of bakeries with lots of delicious pastries and desserts. Specifically, my Italian friends and family always ask for cannolis so this recipe is ideal for every occasion.
What you will need…
Graham Cracker Crust:
• 1 1/2 cup crushed Graham crackers
• 1/4 cup @javamelts French Vanilla Sugar **you can use any of our 4 gourmet flavors
• 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
• x2-8oz package cream cheese, softened
• 1 2/3 cup powder sugar
• 15 oz. whole milk ricotta or part skim
• 1 tsp Javamelts French Vanilla Sugar ** you can use any of our 4 gourmet flavors
• 1/8 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp orange zest
• 1/8 cup chopped pistachios
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, we overfill
• 3-6 Cannoli shells
• Additional mini chocolate chips for the top
• 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish
• Parchment paper
1. Start by making your Graham cracker crust. Combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
2. Place parchment paper in a baking dish and firmly press down Graham cracker crumbs and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and powder sugar.
4. Add in ricotta, sugar, cinnamon, and mix.
5. Add in orange zest and combine.
6. Fold in pistachio and mini chocolate chips.
7. With a spatula scoop cannoli filling on top of Graham cracker crust and spread evenly. We leave about 1/2 cup of cannoli filling to fill in a few cannoli shells.
8. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of bars and place in fridge for a minimum 4-6 hrs! We like to leave it overnight with tinfoil or plastic wrap on top.
9. Pull cheesecake bars out of dish using the parchment paper sides. With a warm knife, cut into square bars. Makes 6-9 depending how big you cut them!
10. Assemble by adding your cannolis on top of some of the bars. This is optional. You can eat as is without cannolis on top
Photo and recipe credit: Theresa Marie Krunev @_sweetmonkey_